Raise your hand if you and your kids love going to Poppy’s Bagels! My kids will do just about anything for their chocolate chip cream cheese, but I can’t always get over there to buy it. So, guess what? We made our own.
Yep. And it’s incredible. This copycat chocolate chip cream cheese needs to be your next food project.
I am not exaggerating – I kind of want to cry because it tastes so good. This is what a million something days alone in your house with five kids will do to a person. Tears over cream cheese.
I used two 8 ounce containers of cream cheese – one of them was whipped cream cheese. I really think you can use anything you have on hand. Look for some cream cheese on sale and grab 2!
After I (literally) whipped up this cream cheese, I stored it in a pint container that looked legit like I had just picked it up at the deli. But I didn’t. Mom ingenuity for the win! Also … this made enough cream cheese to last us for almost two weeks!
Copycat Chocolate Chip Cream Cheese:
– (2) 8 oz packages of cream cheese
– 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips
– 2 tablespoons sugar more if you need it
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1) I used containers of cream cheese because that’s what I had on hand. I had one regular container and one container of whipped cream cheese. I think any kind of cream cheese will work for this.
2) Put your ingredients in your stand mixer. Set to low and mix together. Taste test and see if you want it a little bit sweeter. We added a little more sugar.