By our friends at the Charlotte Jewish Day School
Located in the heart of Shalom Park, off Providence Road, is one of Charlotte’s unrivaled educational gems. Charlotte Jewish Day School (CJDS) began as a small, community school with a lifelong vision of preparing generations of Jewish children for success in academics and life. Founded in 1988, CJDS welcomes students and families from across the wide spectrum of Judaism, regardless of affiliation and level of practice.
A Kindergarten through fifth-grade school, CJDS offers small class sizes that allow for a strong differentiated education program, challenging each student across core curriculum areas. CJDS is accredited by the Southern Association of Independent Schools and Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SAIS-SACS).
CJDS sets the standard for elementary education based on Jewish beliefs.
CJDS prepares our students for the 21st century by teaching them problem-solving, critical thinking skills, and perseverance. In a world of constant technological innovations, children must have the ability to adapt and process, along with the confidence to inquire, learn and grow. CJDS offers this and more.
CJDS graduates are equipped with a powerful academic and Judaic foundation. Each year, our standardized ERB test results outperform the national norms of independent schools across the country. Our graduates’ success is demonstrated through the academic scholarships they receive and the colleges they choose to attend.
The academic program at CJDS is unmatched. Here are some of the many reasons why families choose CJDS:
– 100% of CJDS students are accepted into the middle school program of their choice
– 87% of CJDS students outperform the national average in ERB (Educational Records Bureau) testing
– CJDS students spend 216 hours per school year in project-based STEM/STEAM learning
– CJDS students spend 110 hours each school year engaged in art and music
– 83% of CJDS teachers have advanced degrees
– CJDS teachers have an average tenure of 13 years at the school
– Staff and students speak 7 languages fluently
– CJDS has a net promoter (customer satisfaction indicator) score of 91
– CJDS graduates have earned $3.9 million in college merit scholarships since 2014
While CJDS academics speak for themselves, they are accomplished in an environment grounded in Jewish values and beliefs. CJDS students embody the importance of being a mensch and embrace their Jewish identity. These values build individual strengths and talents that prepare students to be engaged citizens of their community and the world.
CJDS believes in tzedakah, mitzvot and making the world a better place. Students learn the importance of making an impact and are involved in service-related projects year-round:
– Students collect food and non-perishable items monthly for Jewish Family Services and deliver items to food banks in the community
– Students regularly visit retirement centers and interact with residents to connect with other generations
– Through the student council, the school leads student-run projects and other initiatives to emphasize how each action by a student makes a big impact on the community.
Simply put, CJDS sets the standard for elementary education based on Jewish beliefs. Our goal is to work diligently to make sure that every Jewish family in our community has the opportunity to offer this extraordinary gift of a Charlotte Jewish Day School education to their children.
If you would like more information on Charlotte Jewish Day School, visit us online at cjdschool.org or call 704-366-4558 to schedule a tour.
CJDS Open House Events:
Wednesday, October 30, 9:15 a.m -2:00 p.m.
Taste of Kindergarten:
Friday, November 8, 1:15-2:15 p.m.
Charlotte Jewish Day School
5007 Providence Rd # E
Charlotte, NC 28226