Smarties, we bring you an in-depth interview with our friends at Charlotte Country Day School as we kick off the 2014-15 Open House Season.
Welcome to Charlotte Country Day School!
What makes a Country Day education so extraordinary? What makes the Country Day experience so remarkable?
At Country Day, we introduce young people to the world of ideas. We encourage them to be curious. We show them how to build on their inherent strengths and how to overcome the things they find difficult. In short, we make our students ready. Ready to tackle complex challenges. Ready to lead with heart. Ready to succeed in a world none of us can even yet imagine.
We are a strong institution with a long history of forward thinking.
Country Day is a mission-driven independent school serving students in grades junior kindergarten through 12. We offer students an unsurpassed opportunity to prepare for the future. Here, you’ll find a profound commitment to lifelong learning, hands-on experiences, individualized attention, and a caring, inclusive community. You’ll find teachers, coaches, administrators, and advisors eager to cultivate each student’s intellectual, social, physical, emotional, and creative qualities.
We produce exceptional academic results.
In every Country Day classroom, our students explore possibilities and gain skills and knowledge through:
– Tenacious Scholarship—students gain practical skills they need to succeed as scholars—how to break large problems into small parts, how to conduct research, and how to express their ideas.
– Innovative, Integrated Curriculum—Beginning in elementary school, our students are immersed in math, science, social studies, language arts, as well as foreign languages, public speaking, physical education, research, technology, and the arts. By the time middle school students complete eighth grade, they have the skills and confidence to thrive in high school, where they can choose from a wide course catalogue that includes our International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB) as well as Honors and Advanced Placement courses in every discipline.
– Global Mindedness—Our IB program—the first offered in North Carolina and the only one offered by the region’s independent schools—is a globally recognized, rigorous course of study that focuses on culture, language, and world citizenship. On campus, our students experience global cultures through curricula and events such as Lower School Around the World, Model United Nations, and Global Lunch Forums. Beyond the classroom, our comprehensive exchange program offers Upper and Middle School students the chance to participate in global service and academic programs offered at our eight international sister schools.
– Outstanding Faculty—More than 200 dedicated educators make up our full-time faculty, a diverse team of professionals who love what they do. Our faculty members work in close collaboration with each other, constantly seeking new ways to integrate curricula and strengthen their students’ experiences.
We go beyond academics to more completely prepare students for life.
At Country Day, academic rigor is balanced by international experiences, community service, athletic, artistic, and other extracurricular endeavors. As partners in our students’ success, our goal is to shape confident, healthy, well-rounded adults who are comfortable and successful in diverse settings—individuals of honor, integrity, and purpose who are ready to make significant contributions to society.
Country Day Firsts
– First independent school in the region
– First comprehensive International Studies Program
– First to offer an International Baccalaureate Diploma Program
– First to offer biomedical ethics and organic chemistry classes
– First Office of Diversity Planning
– First high school Big Brothers Big Sisters mentoring program
– First sports medicine services for student-athletes
Please join us for an Open House:
Tuesday, October 7, 7 pm
Junior Kindergarten/Kindergarten (parents)
Wednesday, October 22, 7 pm
Junior Kindergarten–Grade 4 (parents)
Thursday, November 6, 1:30 pm
Grades 9–12 (parents and students)
Kindly respond to http://www.charlottecountryday.org/openhouse
Click here to request information.
Please call our Admissions Office at (704) 943-4530 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.