Mother’s Day is great. You get flowers or taken to brunch or some fantastic homemade gift from your kids, but can we talk about what I really want? Because while all the things previously mentioned are fantastic, I started to think about if I really had one day totally dedicated to my happiness, what would that look like? And just like Letterman, I had to put it in a top 10 list! I’m not saying these things will ever happen, but a mom can dream right?
Top 10 Things I Want for Mother’s Day
1. To go to the bathroom alone for one entire day.
2. Listen to my own music in my car – no Wiggles, Toddler Tunes or Dinosaur Song!
3. To sleep late.
4. To not hear a single word or phrase uttered in a whiney tone.
5. To consume all of my meal hot and without interruption.
6. A designer handbag – I’m still a woman after all and this diaper bag is just not cutting it.
7. Control of the remote and DVR for one entire evening. Honey, sports center can wait, mama has some HGTV to catch up on.
8. For my kitchen, family room or dare I say my entire house to remain miraculously clean for one entire day, with zero effort on my part.
9. For all my stretch marks and giggly places to vanish into thin air.
10. To not feel guilty for a day totally devoted to my unadulterated happiness!!
Happy Mother’s Day to everyone out there; may it be tantrum free and everything you dreamed it would be!